Ek Kadam Aur – a phrase in Hindi – translates as “One Step Forward”.
One step forward, one day at a time, one child at a time.
Ek Kadam Aur.
The Ek Kadam Aur Foundation for Education and Health is a non-profit organization that works to provide children who have the fewest resources with the opportunities that can help them reach their full potential.
The Foundation works to help uplift underprivileged children in India through a continuum of care, by seamlessly connecting grassroots work in education, health and rural resurgence.
The Foundation began in 2015 in the United States, and extended its work in a big way in India since 2016 with the sole efforts of Dr Satish Tripathi. Currently registered as a charitable organization in India under Chapter 80(G), and recognized as a non-profit in the US under 501 (C)(3), Ek Kadam Aur brings children living in poverty into better health conditions and quality education, through state-of-the-art technology and health care access.
In India, the Foundation:
- Supports e-learning at some of the country’s most remote schools by providing Virtual Interactive Class facility, as well as e-faculty from all over the world in real time
- Provides various facilities for children with visual impairment the opportunities to grow and develop
- Helps improve health and wellbeing at the village and community level through grassroots knowledge sharing
- Orchestrates and funds inter-institutional Exchange Programs for Graduate students in Public Health between India and the United States
- Continuously seeks new approaches and strategies for working with children so as to help further their rights and opportunities
- Marshalls confidence and motivation building activities in underprivileged children so that they can believe that they can make the world a better place, for themselves and for those around them
“It’s the children the world almost breaks who grow up to save it.”
Guided by the belief that every child has the potential to change the world, the Ek Kadam Aur Foundation for Education & Health works to help vulnerable and under-privileged children lead healthy, productive lives. The Foundation wants to give such children a chance to lift themselves out of poverty, by giving them access to the opportunities they need to succeed in school and life.
Ek Kadam Aur aims to address two of the most pressing childcare challenges – education and health. It works to bring children living in poverty into better health conditions and quality education through state-of-the-art technology. We hope to leave no stone unturned to help children with the least resources rise to the top.
An animated future.
This thought forms the Foundation’s backbone. It represents Dr. Satish Tripathi’s vision of a world where every child enjoys the full range of her or his rights, and opportunities, regardless of race, religion, class, caste or economic standing.
Our vision for that world translates into every child having:
- Free access to quality education and training, in line with her or his abilities and interest
- Free access to quality health care
- The voice, and the ability to speak without fear of consequences
- The ability to live in dignity, with hope for the future