Millions of children are deprived of education because of who they are or where they live. Education improves life-long health, income and prospects. Ek Kadam Aur Foundation works to ensure every child receives a quality education and gains the skills and knowledge they need to thrive.
Our Programs in education consist of –
● High School Leadership Program guided by Senior Leadership Team (SLT) members who are the Principals or the Vice Principals of our partner schools in India and Nepal.
● Ek Kadam Aur Foundation Fellowship Program for recent undergraduates and graduates from India and United States who have made commitment to public service through education, leadership, and social entrepreneurship.
● Technology for Blind Program provides digital literacy to visually challenged in India through training on use of computers and smartphones.
● Active Learning Program for Middle Schools in India is developing curriculum and subject materials to make learning bi- or multi-directional and fun.
● Train-the-trainers Program for Government Primary (Elementary) Schools in India.
● Entrepreneurship bootcamps for high school students in India and Nepal to develop interested students in becoming future entrepreneur.
● Merit Scholarship for students from low-income families in India to enable them to continue studies at high school, college, and graduate level.
Ek Kadam Aur organizes medical camps twice a year to help the community (e.g., Jhavar Ka Purva) where this school is located. A team of Medical doctors and a registered nurse participated in the camp and delivered the necessary services to the community. The checkup was basic and only provisional diagnoses were made. The doctor also prescribed the medicines for the ailments. Rest of the people who were in need of further follow-up and treatment were referred to the Govt. Sub District hospital at Auraiya.
We organize Dental Camp to bring awareness regarding oral diseases such as toothache, periodontitis, and gingivitis. This effort should help enhance standard of oral hygiene among the students, their families and neighbors in the Village of Jhavar Ka Purva.
Our Project in health education provides an opportunity for residents of remote villages to learn about health and hygiene through medical, dental and eye camps. Our train-the-trainers program is active in the Government Primary Schools in these villages. The Foundation pays for the cost of prescription glasses for people who cannot afford them. Medicines are made available through Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Jan Aushadhi Kendra in the district.
Our goals are ambitious and can only be met in partnership with others. We work with a range of partners that help us achieve change for children. Our commitment to learning and comprehensive reporting ensures that our partners know and understand the impact of our collaboration.